St. Mechtilde Traditional Catholic Music Festival Schedule
June 21st - 24th, 2012
Come and explore our rich musical heritage with other Traditional Catholics who love to sing and play!
Share your favorite music, and improve your technique.
Learn new pieces in a fun and enthusiastic atmosphere.
Bring something fun/pretty/entertaining for open-mic night!
All Traditional Catholics who attend the Latin Mass exclusively are invited, whatever their skills, ages 11 and up. Since this event takes place on church grounds, please dress appropriately. Women and girls, please wear dresses.
Gifted with a beautiful voice, St. Mechtilde also possessed a special talent for rendering the solemn and sacred music over which she presided as domna cantrix. All her life she held this office and trained the choir with indefatigable zeal. Indeed, divine praise was the keynote of her life; in this she never tired, despite her continual and severe physical sufferings, so that in His revelations Christ was wont to call her His "nightingale". Richly endowed, naturally and supernaturally, ever gracious, beloved of all who came within the radius of her saintly and charming personality, there is little wonder that this cloistered virgin should strive to keep hidden her wondrous life. Souls thirsting for consolation or searching for enlightenment sought her advice; learned Dominicans consulted her on spiritual matters. At the beginning of her own mystic life it may have been from St. Mechtilde that St. Gertrude the Great learnt that the marvelous gifts lavished upon her were from God.
St. Mechtilde is on the left, instructing novice and writing collaborator, Saint Gertrude
- Learn from professionals how to get the best from your singers; bring your group, and your favorite hymns, or come alone and bring improved skills back to your choir and congregation. Each choir is invited to perform its signature pieces in the church, so bring your music.
- Learn about: stop selection, pedal technique, dynamics and expression, and improve your confidence as an accompanist.
- Work with a voice coach to improve your range, tone production, breathing, posture, and ensemble singing. Come with a group, or come alone and sing with new friends!
- For a detailed schedule - Click Here
- More Information and to sign up Click Here